The following is an abridged summary of the minutes from the December 7, 2016 Safety & Security meeting. A complete copy of the minutes is available in the archives section of the SIPOA website at http://www.associationvoice.com/ResourceCenter/15432/Library
Committee discussion topics:
• Trash Dumping Special Committee report: Dennis reviewed with the committee the results of the special meeting on trash dumping. Following much discussion, the S&S Committee unanimously recommended adding a $100 fine option to allow more flexibility based on the severity of the violation. Dennis will make this recommendation to the SIPOA Board.
• Uber Issue: The Committee reviewed the procedure for Uber admission through the gate, concluding that if the passenger has a pass no special permission is required.
• Passing on the roads policy: The Committee discussed a property owner concern regarding passing on SI roads, concluding that the current policy is in the SI bylaws and should stand.
• Gate passes for contractors: The Committee reviewed the SIPOA policy regarding admission of contractors through the gate, concluding that this is an operational decision. This procedure will be reviewed further after upgraded software is added when the new gatehouse is completed.
• COVAR: The Committee discussed the authority of SI Security to enforce parking violations.
SIPOA Security (G4S) Report for December, 2016
• Citations: There were 88 traffic citations issued in November, which included the following:
39 speeding violations
22 stop sign violations
1 unlawful passing
1 failure to stop
5 no pass displayed violations
1 expired pass
9 no drivers license violations
5 no registration
1 leaving the scene violation
2 pet violations
2 commercial access violations
All appeals were reviewed and/or heard by the Committee and decisions were made based on the facts and merits of each case.
A complete copy of the minutes is available in the archives section of the SIPOA website at http://www.associationvoice.com/ResourceCenter/15432/Library
Bill Bryant, Secretary; Dennis Nagy, Chair