Several of our subscribers asked us on our last survey to find a way that we could inform them of accidents, weather issues and other emergency events in a quick and easy way without having to scroll through email. Even though many read about events in Tidelines, they want to know in real time when an emergency occurs.
We researched several different apps and social media outlets and found that Twitter is the best fit for our criteria. We wanted something that could generate a notification without the need to receive alerts from every other person or company followed.
In other words, if you subscribe to the TidelinesAlert Twitter feed, you can activate the notification and sound features for only TidelinesAlert and you will receive special traffic, weather or emergency alerts via Twitter. This means you can get urgent Tidelines notifications as they are published on Twitter while still maintaining a daily or weekly summary of Tidelines posts via email.
To get started, the first thing you need to do, if you haven’t already, is to subscribe to Twitter. Click here for directions.
Then you need to do a few more things.
- Download the Twitter app and then go into the settings on your phone to turn on notifications for Twitter.
- Go back to the Twitter app, go to the “Search” button at the bottom and type in TidelinesAlert in the search field at the top. Click on our logo.
- Once in the TidelinesAlert,
– Click on “Follow” to allow Tidelines to come to your device.
– Then click on the bell to the left of the word “Following” to activate notifications and sounds. The bell icon allows you to get a sound alert for TidelinesAlert. It is a two step process.
Welcome to TidelinesAlert!