NEWS FLASH: The annual Seabrook Island Fourth of July Parade will be held on Tuesday, July 4th! The Parade will begin at 9:30 AM on Seabrook Island Road in the area of Seabrook Village and will complete the loop around the Island on Seabrook Island Road. Everyone is invited to come out and join the fun, either as a participant or as a viewer.
The Parade is made up of both vehicles (floats) and bicycles. We encourage you to decorate your vehicle or your bike and join the fun. If you are unable to do that, just show up on Seabrook Island Road to support the participants and be a part of the party.
If you do want to participate in the Parade, please note the following:
* The Parade course is approximately 6.7 miles, and takes around one hour to complete;
* Bike riders must be capable of completing the 6.7 miles at a speed of 6 mph;
* All bicycles will ride in a group at the front of the Parade;
* Please register at the front desk of The Lake House if you are going to put your vehicle or bike in the Parade – registration will continue until the end of the day on Monday;
* All Parade participants (bicycle or vehicle) must line up on Seabrook Island Road between The Lake House and the Equestrian Center by 9:00 AM;
* Any vehicle otherwise allowed on Seabrook Island roads and able to maintain a speed to 10 mph is permitted to participate in the Parade; and
* All Parade participants HAVE FUN!
At the conclusion of the Parade (approximately 10:30), please join the FAMILY FUN CELEBRATION at The Lake House, where we will have a Jump Castle with water slide and free hot dogs (for as long as they last).
– Submitted by Bruce Kleinman, SIPOA Activities Committee