TO ALL PROPERTY OWNERS, RESIDENTS, GUESTS AND VISITORS:
WHAT FOLLOWS IS BASED ON THE LATEST EVENTS, AND AS WE ALL KNOW THINGS COULD CHANGE, BUT WE NEED TO TAKE ACTION BASED ON WHAT WE KNOW
The Governor held a press conference at 2:00pm today September 8, 2017
– The mandatory medical evacuation for Charleston County has been rescinded.
– The decision to order an evacuation for the general population is deferred until after the 5:00pm NWS update. The Governor is anticipated to announce his decision at approximately 6:00pm today. We do not know what his decision on evacuation will be.
– IRMA’s track is still subject to change.
– If IRMA progresses to the west as some models suggest, Tropical Storm Force winds, heavy rains and coastal flooding are expected. Storm surge during high tide periods is possible.
– The Gatehouse and other SIPOA facilities will not close as originally planned but Lake House classes will be cancelled until Wednesday.
– Expect tree and other debris to impact island travel. Clean up crews will be working to clear SIPOA roads. Please be patient and be alert while driving near clean up personnel as they complete their work.
– Should residents choose to remain on Seabrook Island, there is no guarantee that Berkeley Electric will not cut power at some point. This could affect water and sewer services as well.
We will continue to keep you updated as we learn more.
Post & Courier
Regularly-updated storm projections and weather report
Town of Seabrook Island
New Town emergency messages will be posted to the townofseabrookisland.org homepage.
Town of Seabrook Island – Emergency Preparedness
Town of Seabrook Island on Twitter