As you probably know, the Charleston County election for the Town of Seabrook Island will take place on November 7, 2017. Several people will be running for Mayor, Town Council, and the Seabrook Island Utility Commission. Voting will take place at the Property Owners Lake House. If you are a registered voter in the Town of Seabrook Island, you may also want information on absentee voting.
To vote absentee, you must be a registered voter and meet one of the following criteria:
- Students, their spouses and dependents residing with them
- Members of the Armed Forces, Merchant Marines, Red Cross, USO, government employees, their spouses and dependents residing with them
- Overseas citizens
- For reasons of employment will not be able to vote on election day
- Physically disabled persons
- Persons on vacation
- Persons age 65 or older
- Persons admitted to the hospital as emergency patients on day of election or at least four days prior to the election
- Electors with a death or funeral in the family within 3 days before the election
- Persons confined to a jail or pre-trial facility pending disposition of arrest or trial
- Persons attending sick or physically disabled persons
- Persons serving as jurors in a state or federal court on election day
- Certified poll watchers and poll managers
If you qualify and want to receive an absentee ballot, please click here to look at the Charleston County Board of Elections and Voter Registration website and request a ballot.