If you have prediabetes or other risk factors for type 2 diabetes, it’s time to take charge of your health. The Prevent T2 lifestyle change program can help you make lasting changes to prevent type 2 diabetes.
With the Prevent T2 program participants get:
- A CDC-approved curriculum
- The skills you need to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress
- A trained lifestyle coach to guide and encourage you
- Support from other participants with the same goals as you….and fun
- A year-long program with weekly meetings for the first 6 months, then once or twice a month for the second 6 months
Join us on Wednesday, September 26 at 2:30 pm for an informative session at the Lowcountry Senior Center on James Island at 865 Riverland Drive. Click here for the locations and times this program is offered in our area. The closest session will be offered at the Lowcountry Senior Center on Wednesdays from 2:30-3:30 pm starting October 3, 2018. If you have questions, call Margaret Peck at 843-343-7556. A modest fee applies to cover the cost of program materials.
-Submitted by Margaret K. Peck, MPH, Public Health Educator