Save the Light Half Marathon and 5K
February 2, 2019, at the Folly Beach Pier
The Charleston County Parks and Recreation Commission (CCPRC) is hosting a half-marathon and 5K to support the preservation of the Morris Island Lighthouse by Save The Light. This is a grassroots non-profit organization that was formed in 2000 to save the Morris Island Lighthouse from being lost to the sea. Both races are USATF-certified and they start and finish near the Folly Beach Pier. The Half Marathon is a run only event, but the 5K is open to runners and walkers.
Registration & Fees:
Register online for Half Marathon: $50 or 5K: $30
- Online and phone registration ends January 31. Registration available at The Tides Hotel on Friday, February 1 from 4-7 p.m., and on race day from 7-8 a.m. for $60 (half marathon) and $36 (5K).
- Packet pick-up available at The Tides Hotel on Friday, February 1 from 4:00-7:00 pm, and on race day from 7:00-8:00 am.
- Both races begin at 8:30 am.
- Earbuds or pets are not allowed on the course.
- Strollers are only allowed in the 5K, and those with strollers must start behind the runners/walkers.
- Awards and post-race food will be provided.
- Course map is available.
(Image Credit: CVB website)