SIPOA works with the Town of Seabrook Island to ensure that we keep our beach pristine and safe. The SIPOA rules were developed in conjunction with those of the Town:
- For the safety of all beach users and wildlife (such as turtles), fill in any holes you or your pet dig.
- Stay off the dunes. This is also true for pets, whether they are on or off leash.
- Personal property such as chairs, tents, umbrellas and E-Z up structures may not be left unattended on the beach overnight or stored on boardwalks or walkways. SIPOA Security may remove them, at the owner’s risk and expense.
- Use the trash receptacles at each boardwalk and help prevent littering.
- Glass containers are prohibited on the beach.
- Crossing over or onto private property in an attempt to get to the beach is not permitted. Access to the beach is by way of SIPOA boardwalks or areas designated for that purpose. SIPOA boardwalks can be identified by their numbers 1 through 9.
- Beach towels, bathing suits, and other clothing should not be hung on or draped over exterior railings of homes or villas.
These are taken from SIPOA Rules and Regulations, Sections III. E. 3.; V. A. 2 – 5; and VI. B.
Our Do You Know…? posts may be accessed at any time on the Tidelines website.