SIPOA provides a refuse collection and recycling center at the SIPOA Maintenance area adjacent to the Community Garden.
- A garbage compactor is available for the convenience of property owners and residents who will not be on Seabrook Island on refuse collection days and need to dispose of their kitchen garbage. Trash and recycling should be put in the compactor or recycling bins and not left on the ground.
- The compactor and recycling facility is not for use by contractors or commercial enterprises and is not for the disposal of construction trash, paint, harmful chemicals, or bulk trash items.
- SIPOA provides monthly brown and white collection usually the first Friday of the month.
- Bulk items may be left curbside by 7:00 am.
- Hazardous waste such as old paint cans, electronics, batteries, fluorescent lights, and old yard or household chemicals may be taken to the Maintenance area that day between 7 am and 2 pm. Hazardous materials must be handed directly to the attendant on duty. The materials may not be left on the ground.
- Burning of trash, scrap lumber, debris, etc., is prohibited.
These are taken from SIPOA Rules and Regulations, Section VI. B and D.
Our Do You Know…? posts may be accessed at any time on the Tidelines website.