Looking for a temporary job with long hours and low pay? Charleston County is looking for qualified Poll Managers. As you may remember, the Board of Elections did not have sufficient Poll Managers at several polling stations during the last election, causing long wait times for voters. As a Poll Manager, you will have a unique opportunity to serve your community, meet your neighbors, and become involved in the electoral process. Poll Managers are compensated $135 and the Clerk of the Precinct receives $195 for each election they work.
Qualifications – Poll Managers must:
- Be a registered voter in Charleston County, or an adjoining county (Dorchester, Berkeley, Georgetown, or Colleton County), or aged 16 or 17.
- Be willing and able to attend a Poll Manager Training Session (2-3 hours) and pass a written certification test before each election. Training sessions are scheduled throughout the month of October. Training takes place at the Board of Elections offices at 4367 Headquarters Road, North Charleston.
- Be prepared to work the entire Election Day, from 6:00AM until approximately 7:30PM.
- Be non-partisan and neutral when working an election.
Election Day Duties Include:
- Greeting voters
- Qualifying voters (looking up name on voter registration list)
- Activating iVotronic (voting machine) for each voter
- Distributing hardcopy Provisional/Emergency and Fail-Safe Provisional ballots
- Complying with election law and procedures, and providing general assistance to voters
- Remaining non-partisan while working on Election Day
Due To Federal Policies All NEW Poll Managers MUST:
- Complete a Poll Manager Information Packet during training.
- Bring documentation that establishes Identity and Employment Eligibility to your scheduled Poll Manager training class
The next election for the Town of Seabrook Island will take place on November 5, 2019. In this election voters will be voting for Mayor/4 Council Seats & 1 Utility Commission Seat.
If you’re interested in becoming a Poll Manager or a Poll Clerk, click here for the application form.
For further information about working the polls, contact the Precinct Coordinator at email@example.com or (843)974-6421. For election or registration information, please call (843)744-8683 or visit http://vote.charlestoncounty.org.
(Image credit: Board of Elections website)