Exciting things are happening in Seabrook Island! Thanks to the generous donations of many Seabrookers, we are preparing to launch Seabrook Island Village – Neighbors Helping Neighbors!
What is Seabrook Island Village (SIV)?
For many who live on Seabrook Island and choose to age in place, their families live a distance away and are not able to provide assistance with things like transportation to medical appointments, shopping for groceries, or simple household tasks. To address this need in our community, a group of volunteers has initiated Seabrook Island Village, a non-profit 501(c) (3) designed to organize a system of “neighbors helping neighbors”.
We will introduce a Pilot Program in October 2019 initially offering to our subscribers:
- Transportation to and from medical appointments and local shopping
- Basic home chores and maintenance
- General support (friendly visits and phone check-ins).
Are you interested in helping?
We are looking for volunteers to help in many ways:
- To provide direct services to the subscribers such as transportation, simple home chores and maintenance, and/or caregiver relief.
- To join subcommittees of the Board of Directors to assist with planning and administration of the program.
If you are interested in volunteering, contact Elise and Ken Haderer at email@example.com.
There are significant start-up costs involved with this enterprise including insurance, vetting of volunteers, and software. For more information about how you can support us, pick up a pamphlet about Seabrook Island Village at the Lake House or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It takes a village!
-Submitted by Seabrook Island Village Board of Directors