It’s that time again! The launch of the annual Call for Candidates! The SIPOA Nominating Committee is on the lookout for Seabrook Island property owners willing to serve on the SIPOA Board and Nominating Committee. This year we need to fill 4 Board positions each for 3-year terms and 2 Nominating Committee positions for 2-year terms.
Lines from an old song come to mind “Accentuate the Positive, Eliminate the Negative and don’t mess with all the in between.” Keeping these lines in mind this is YOUR chance to Accentuate the Positive and to WORK to Eliminate the Negative by seeking a seat on the SIPOA Board or Nominating Committee. We live on an Island that is beautiful and unique. Just as in many small communities there are many opinions, ideas and conflicts that float throughout our Island. Some good – some bad, and Seabrook is not an exception. The only way to deal with problems that arise is to get in there and work together to try to find a solution. You have that chance and can be part of the solution by serving on the Board or the Nominating Committee.
We are seeking Seabrook Island property owners in good standing:
- who are willing to give their time and talents to help keep Seabrook Island the close community it is as it continues to grow.
- who work well with others.
- who can look at a problem and help to solve it rather than exacerbate it.
- whose skill set matches an open position on the board.
- who can work well in a committee structure, and convey committee recommendations to the Board, and
- who can represent the interests of all property owners.
For the Nominating Committee we need candidates:
- who have a broad social network and a willingness to put in the time needed to identify outstanding candidates.
- who show excellent leadership skills.
If interested click here to find the application form and an informative video as well as documents to help prepare for the election process.
-SIPOA Nominating Committee