SIPOA Hurricane Dorian Update #2

SIPOA Banner June 2018

SIPOA Hurricane Dorian Update #2

SIPOA is continuing storm preparation operations.

Pump station generators are ready for post-storm operation, lake levels have been lowered and will be lowered again if necessary before the storm arrives. We are adding an additional dumpster at the recycling area for household trash.

For the safety of our residents and guests:

  • There will be no new rental guest check-ins from today through the date island re-entry is authorized. All current rental guests need to depart the island by Tuesday, 9/3/19 at 7:00 pm. All rental agencies including Airbnb and VRBO owners need to notify their tenants to heed the mandatory evacuation order.
  • No owner guests/visitors will be authorized to enter the island after 7:00 am on Wednesday, 9/4/19, through the date island re-entry is authorized. Access will not be granted even if there is a pass in the gate system.
  • Please be aware that Berkeley Electric may begin pre-emptive power outages to prevent damage to equipment in the event of widespread flooding. If you choose to stay, power may be out for an undetermined amount of time, and essential power for medical equipment, etc., may not be available to you. Please monitor future eblasts and the Town of Seabrook Island website for more information. In the event of an outage, our Security Officers will not have information on when the power will be restored.
  • Depending on weather conditions, Charleston County EMS may not be available to respond to calls.

Contractors helping owners with storm preparation may work during regular contractor hours today, Tuesday, 9/3/19. The island will be closed to contractors on Wednesday, 9/4/19, and Thursday, 9/5/19.

The Lake House will close at 5:00 pm today. The Community Center and pool are closed. The pool furniture is in the pool to keep it from becoming airborne. We’ve had reports of people swimming in the pool even though the pool is closed and full of furniture! Really…

The Security gate will be fully-staffed and operational until more storm information is received. As the storm approaches we will make the decision to close the gate if Officers’ safety is compromised.

-Submitted by Heather Paton

This entry was posted in SIPOA, Weather. Bookmark the permalink.