An app for your smartphone called ABDi GateAccess allows you to send an electronic gate pass voucher to the smartphone of a guest. The voucher is not a guest pass!
The advantage of using this app is you can choose to email or text the QR (Quick Response) to your guest’s mobile number. When your guest arrives at the Gate House to check-in and get their guest pass, they simply show the officer the QR code on their smartphone, then receive their printed pass, and are whisked through the gate!
Here are the steps to get and set up the ABDi GateAccess app:
- Go to the App Store on your phone.
- Search for ABDi GateAccess.
- Click on “GET” to download the app and then “OPEN”.
- Fill in the requested information. For Community Code, scroll down and select SIPOA.
- Enter your GateAccess user and password login information.
Once you have the app on your phone:
- Click “Add Guest” in upper left corner and type in their name, the start date and the end date of their visit.
- Click “Save/Send” in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select how you want the QR barcode to be delivered to your guest.
- “Send Barcode via iMessage” allows you to text it to the guest’s smartphone.
- “Copy Barcode” allows you to paste the voucher into an email to your guest.
- Or you can use the Digital Wallet option.
This will save time for guests entering Seabrook Island for the first time to get their guest pass and minimize traffic congestion at the gate.
If the person calling in the pass is using VRBO or another online service, and the guest is a renter, they need to do a one-time registration with SIPOA to allow us to issue a “rental guest” pass. They can do that by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have any questions about GateAccess in general or the ABDi GateAcess app, contact email@example.com.
Property owners should share this information with visitors and rental guests. Do You Know…? posts may be accessed at any time on the Tidelines website.