Our Tidelines post on Saturday, April 18, congratulated Charleston on its 350th Anniversary. Click here to read the post.
The Post and Courier is running a series of articles about the history of Charleston to commemorate the 350th Anniversary beginning in 1670 when the first settlers arrived in Charleston Harbor. We will be posting a link to each article of the series as it becomes available.
To read this sixteenth article, “A Tea Party, a Congress, the Beginning of a Revolution,” click here.
To read the previous fifteen articles, go to our website, www.tidelinesblog.com, and type “history” in the search box on the right.
(Image credit: The Post and Courier, File/Staff, The Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon building on East Bay Street)