Do you know… about the app that helps your guests get through the gate quickly?
With so many visitors to the island, we thought it is good to remind folks how to get visitors through the gate as quickly as possible. In addition to using GateAccess, there is another efficient way of checking your guests into Seabrook Island quickly.
ABDi GateAccess has an app you can download to your smartphone or handheld device that allows you to send a FastAccess Pass to the smartphone of your guest via text message or email. The FastAccess Pass has a QR (Quick Response) barcode that a security officer at the Gate House will scan when they arrive. Once the QR barcode has been scanned the guest’s pass is printed within seconds and they are whisked through the gate. Remember: The FastAccess Pass requires guests use the visitor lane at the Gate House.
Property owners should share this information with visitors and rental guests.
Continue to read for the steps to download and set up the ABDi GateAccess app.
- Go to the App Store for Apple iOS or the Google Play Store for Android using your smartphone or handheld device.
- Search for ABDi GateAccess.
- Click on “GET” for Apple devices and “INSTALL” for Androids to download the app. See Images 1 and 2.
- Once the download is complete, open the app and fill in the requested login information
- Fill in the requested information. Enter: Community Code, SIPOA (scroll down to select), Username, and Password you use to log into GateAccess.net. See Image 3.
Once you have logged in:
- Click “Guest List” on the main page.
- Click “Add Guest” in the top right corner
- Type in their last and first name, and the start and end date of their visit.
- Click “Save” in the upper right-hand corner.
- A window will pop up asking if you want to send a FastAccess Pass. See Image 4.
- If you select “YES” the Fast Access Pass will open. See Image 5. Click the green “Send” button at the bottom right corner of the FastAccess Pass. You can select how you want the QR barcode to be delivered to your guest, either text message or email from your contact list.
- If you select “NO” to sending the FastAccess Pass, it will take you back to the Guest List page.
To send a FastAccess Pass to a guest at a later date:
- Go to “Guest List” on the main page.
- Select the guest you would like to send a FastAccess Pass to.
- Click on the boxed right arrow at the top of the screen, next to the “Save” button. See Image 6.
- Click the green “Send” button at the bottom right corner of the FastAccess Pass.
- Select how you want the QR barcode (FastAccess Pass) delivered to your guest, either text message or email.
This will save time for guests entering Seabrook Island for the first time getting their guest pass and minimizing traffic congestion at the gate.
Note: Property Owners who rent their property on a short-term basis (less than six months) through a rental company or through VRBO or similar online rental program, may authorize passes for their rental guests. Passes for such guests must be entered into the SIPOA gate pass system via the online rental portal available to property rental companies or VRBO owners. VRBO owners must register their property with SIPOA to access the pass system and shall not authorize rental guests as personal guests. Rental guests may not be scheduled by calling the Security gate, and violation assessments may be applied for failure to use the pass system to designate rental guests. This is taken from SIPOA Rules and Regulations Section III. B. 3. g.
If you have any questions about GateAccess in general or the ABDi GateAcess app, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do You Know…? posts may be accessed at any time on the Tidelines website.