Do you know… where parking is and is not permitted on Seabrook Island?
It is sometimes a challenge for property owners, renters, and visitors to know when and where it is allowable to park on the island. SIPOA Rules and Regulations addresses these questions. Property owners are responsible for their guests and visitors and must be sure to share these rules with them. The following is taken from SIPOA Rules and Regulations, §III E. 1 – 3.
Parking on SIPOA roads is limited to one side of the road and in the direction of traffic, provided that such parking does not impair access by emergency vehicles, impede the flow of traffic or otherwise create a hazardous condition.
Parking is prohibited:
- On or within 50 feet of a traffic island
- Within 15’ of a fire hydrant, in a designated fire lane or emergency lane, and on the half-circle in front of the Lake House
- Overnight on SIPOA roads and right-of-way road frontage
- On SIPOA roads for beach access.
Parking on unimproved lots:
- Parking is permitted on the right-of-way in front of the lot for temporary, short-term parking, and day-time contractor parking during construction projects.
- Overnight parking on the right-of-way is prohibited.
Parking on improved lots:
- Parking is permitted in front of the lot on the grass and landscaped portions of the right-of-way road frontage with the permission of the owner. Such parking is only temporary.
- Parking is limited to only those designated driveway, garage and guest parking areas whose surfaces are designed to accommodate vehicles and have been approved by the ARC. No parking is permitted on any other landscaped portions of improved single-family and multi-family properties.
- Overnight parking on the right-of-way road frontage of improved lots is prohibited.
Parking at the SIPOA Oyster Catcher Community Center lot requires either:
- An affixed Property Owner’s Entry Authentication barcode or
- A Property Owner Pass or
- An authorized pass for a special event.
Parking for beach access:
- Parking for the beach is within the paved and unpaved portions of the SIPOA right-of-way in designated areas in close proximity to boardwalks or walkways affording access to the beach.
- If the designated areas are taken, beach parking is permitted only in specifically designated areas within parking lots at the Island House.
- Under no circumstance is beach parking permitted on SIPOA roads.
- Crossing over or onto private property in an attempt to access the beach is strictly prohibited – the only beach access is via boardwalks or areas designated for that purpose.
Parking in regime and association parking lots is limited to owners, renters, and guests. When using Boardwalks 7, 8 and 9, parking is not permitted at Atrium Villas (near Boardwalk 7), Beach Club Villas (near Boardwalk 8), Spinnaker Beach Houses (near Boardwalks 8 and 9), or Pelican Watch Villas (near Boardwalk 9).
Parking in handicap parking spaces anywhere on the island is permitted only with a valid government-issued parking permit.
Property owners should share this information with visitors and rental guests. Our Do You Know…? posts may be accessed at any time on the Tidelines website. Click on the Do You Know drop-down menu at the top.