The Charleston Symphony Orchestra League, Inc., (CSOL®) announces its first ever Tour of Homes in downtown historic Charleston. For 44 years, the CSOL has hosted a month-long Designer Showhouse, a home transformed by area designers. Due to the pandemic, changes to the timing and format were made this year. The CSOL is holding a shorter event, still showcasing beautiful design and historic architecture.
The homes can be visited on self-guided tours either on
Saturday, May 22, or Sunday, May 23, from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Advance tour tickets are available online through May 20, 2021
The homes are in various sections of town to offer a taste of Charleston’s unique neighborhoods. Among the homes are:
• Two homes owned by interior designers and their families, allowing for unfettered creativity;
• A petite cottage, transformed with a mix of antiques and contemporary pieces into a chic second home;
• A grand home and former Designer Showhouse with expansive views of the Ashley River, with a hidden pool and garden;
• A tucked-away kitchen house blending historic touches with modern livability, with a garden renewed by an in-demand landscape architect;
• A lovely home that evolved from a past Designer Showhouse to an elegant family retreat.
Proceeds from the tour will support the Charleston Symphony and provide scholarships for music students in the tri-county area.
For more information and to purchase tickets, click here.
The safety of homeowners, tour guests, volunteers and musicians is a priority. The CSOL will
adhere to requirements of local health organizations and the City of Charleston.
Masks will be required at all Tour venues.
Flat-heeled shoes only – No handicap access
-Submitted by Patti Tully
(Image credit: The Charleston Symphony Orchestra League, Inc.)