The Town of Seabrook Island will host a Development Standards Ordinance (DSO) Open House meeting on Monday, August 23, from 2:00 to 4:00 pm. The meeting will take place at Seabrook Island Town Hall, 2001 Seabrook Island Road.
During the meeting, attendees will hear a brief overview from the project consultant (PLB Planning Group) about the Town’s efforts over the last two years to review and update its DSO, as well as a summary of the goals and objectives of the new ordinance. The Town’s Zoning Administrator will present a draft of the Town’s new Zoning Map and will summarize the planned transition from the old zoning districts to the new ones. Following the presentations, Town officials and the project consultant will be on hand to answer questions and hear feedback from meeting attendees.
The Town is offering six ways to participate in the upcoming Open House:
- Attend in Person at Seabrook Island Town Hall:
- The meeting will begin at 2:00 pm. Consistent with CDC and SCDHEC guidelines, please note that all attendees must wear a mask or face covering while inside Town Hall.
- Participate via Zoom:
- Click here for instructions on participating in the DSO Open House via Zoom.
- To join by computer, tablet or mobile device: Click here for Zoom.
- To join by phone: Call (646) 558-8656. *Long distance rates may apply*
- Meeting ID: 876 8952 7732 Passcode: 142801
- Watch Live on YouTube:
- The live stream will begin at 2:00 pm. Click here to view our YouTube Channel.
- Submit a Question or Comment Online:
- To access the online comment form, please click here.
- Online questions and comments will be accepted until August 31st at 12:00 pm.
- Submit a Question or Comment by Email:
- Email questions and comments to email@example.com.
- Emailed questions and comments will be accepted until August 31st at 12:00 pm.
- Submit a Question or Comment by Mail:
- Mail questions and comments to Town of Seabrook Island, Attn: Zoning Administrator, 2001 Seabrook Island Road, Seabrook Island, SC 29455.
- Mailed questions and comments will be accepted until August 31st at 12:00 pm.
Click here to review copies of the draft DSO, proposed Zoning Map, Zoning Transition Summary, and other materials on the Town website.
For more information, please call (843) 768-9121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Submitted by Joseph M. Cronin, Town Administrator, Town of Seabrook Island