Enjoy the diverse bird population with SCDNR & renowned ornithologist Craig Watson for a bird watching trailer tour throughout the Botany Bay Wildlife Management Area (WMA). Please note that this is a very remote area as it is a WMA and there are no facilities such as restrooms.
Details for the event:
• Trailer tour: The bird watching tour will take place on a trailer. If you cannot attend the entire length of the program, you can follow behind in your car.
• What to bring: Dress is casual. Check the weather report and dress appropriately as you will be outside. Other items to consider bringing include binoculars, hat, sunglasses, sunblock, bug spray and reusable water bottle.
• COVID precautions: Due to limited space, all participants must RSVP and are highly recommended to wear a mask during the length of the program.
• Costs: The program is free of charge.
• Weather: Clinics are held rain or shine unless hazardous weather occurs.
• Parking: Once you enter into the gates of Botany Bay, please check your vehicle in at the front kiosk. Drive one mile up at the road and meet at the “Check Station” (look for SCDNR truck & trailer).
*This will be a monthly occurring event. *
Date and time
Thursday, September 9, 2021
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Botany Bay Plantation
1066 Botany Bay Rd
Edisto Island, SC 29438
-Submitted by SIB
(Image credit: SCDNR)