A video of the September 14, 2021 Ways and Means Meeting can be accessed online through the Town of Seabrook Island’s website. To view the 1 hour and 40 minute video, click here and select the Video link under September 14, 2021.
If you have limited time and are just interested in a specific topic, select the item from the list below to watch that particular part of the meeting.
Mayor John Gregg
- Discussion of resident requests for “referendum” and additional regulation of short term rentals
- Discussion of recent request for annexation by Town of Kiawah Island (Andell West)
- Inquiry concerning beach fishing and enhanced monitoring by beach patrol
- Discussion of resumption of video conference meetings indefinitely in response to current surge of “cases” in South Carolina and elsewhere
- Confirmation of entry of Town into land lease for debris site
Town Administrator Joe Cronin
- Second Reading Items
- Ordinance 2021-10: An ordinance amending the Zoning Map of the Town of Seabrook Island so as to change the zoning designation for Charleston County Tax Map Number 147-01-00-062, containing approximately .037+/- acres located at 2517 Pelican Perch, from the SR Single-Family Residential District to the AGC Agricultural-Conservation District.
- First Reading Items
- Ordinance 2021-11: An ordinance amending the Town Code for the Town of Seabrook Island, South Carolina; Chapter 32, Waterways and Beaches; Article II, Beachfront Management; Division 2, Restrictions; Section 32-42, Vehicle Use; so as to amend the requirements relating to the operation of motor vehicles on the beaches of Seabrook Island.
- Ordinance 2021-12: An ordinance adopting a temporary moratorium on the consideration of zoning map amendments (i.e., “rezoning’s”), annexation requests, and certain subdivision approvals for a period not to exceed one hundred and eighty (180) days.
- Ordinance 2021-13: An ordinance amending the Town Code for the Town of Seabrook Island, South Carolina; Chapter 2, Administration; Article V, Financial Administration; Division 2, Purchasing Requirements; so as to amend the policies and procedures related to the procurement of goods and services by the town.
- Items for Information/Discussion
-Submitted by the Town of Seabrook Island