The Fleming is back and so is the Flash!
It’s tournament time – Final Day!
Play starts again Sunday at 9:00 am. Activity takes place on Seabrook. Entry is free. Times are subject to change. Players – please check in with USTA upon arrival at the Seabrook courts.
The grills will be going – cash or member number only. Lunch is served from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. All prices include tax & gratuity.
- Wraps & Sandwiches $7
- Sides $3
- Cole Slaw
- Potato Salad
- Fresh Fruit Salad
- Chips and Cookies – $2 each
- Drinks – Sweet and unsweet tea and sodas – $2
The tennis has been spectacular – more finals coming up and lots of great tennis. Only a few small showers of rain again on Saturday, with some brilliant sun and, hopefully, good weather for Sunday. Come cheer on the locals as well as our many guests from across the country.
Sunday’s Women’s highlights include – all matches are played at Seabrook (weather permitting):
- The Final matches are:
- McEntee/Waters vs. Shannon/Dawson at 9:00 am
- McEntee/Waters vs. Sowers/Hall at noon
- Rembert/Stubbs vs. Wilson/Dawson at noon
- Hollman/Thompson vs. Barker/Hartsock at 12:30 pm
- Other highlighted matches include:
- McColl/Taylor vs. Meloy/Bruce at 10:45 am
- Angel vs. Alldridge at 9:00 am
- Sowers vs. Dominitz at 9:00 am
Super competitive tennis in the Mixed Doubles brackets – Sunday’s highlighted Final includes:
- Bull/Chapin vs. Butler/Lopez at 10:45 am
More exciting tennis ahead with the Men’s singles and doubles matches, along with some finals on Seabrook. Here are some to come watch on Sunday.
- Hall/Lenhardt vs. Larkin/Agardy at 10:30 am – Final
- Lopez/Clonts vs. Ziemer/Spears at 1:30 pm
- Larkin/Hall vs. Acker/Tabares at 12:30 pm
- Cooke/Owens vs. Deshpande/Anderson at 12:30 pm
- Graham vs. Hempill at 9:00 am
- Silverstein vs. Hines at 10:45 am
- Walton vs. Abbott at 9:00 am
- Burns vs. Martin at 9:00 am
For Seabrook spectators, it’s a good day to ride your bike over. Parking is limited to the Center for cars.
Photos from the tournament and cocktail party will be posted within a few days for your viewing. Please check our website at www.alanflemingtournament.net for details next week.
-Submitted by Patti Leibach and Ellen Smith