Early September is peak hurricane season, so now is the time to complete any unfinished projects from the Early Summer Hurricane Preparedness Checklist and to move on to these important actions.
- Prepare for any medical needs:
- Click here for suggestions about planning for medication, medical equipment, and medical care needs.
- Prepare for your pets’ needs:
- Click here for more information.
- Talk to your neighbors about your needs and theirs regarding preparing ahead for the storm and in the event of a major disaster. Consider exchanging keys. Click here for more information.
- Identify evacuation needs and options:
- Will you need a handicapped room?
- Will you need electric vehicle charging facilities?
- Do you need a pet-friendly hotel?
- Prepare your home and yard:
- Use the August and September Brown and White Days to dispose of unwanted yard and garage items.
- Recheck property readiness for a storm. Click here for information about getting your property secure. Click here to learn how to prepare your propane tank.
- Clean out gutters and downspouts to prevent flooding and pressure on awnings.
- Obtain Emergency Preparedness Brochures. Click here for links to several options.
Remember, be prepared; stay safe.
Our Hurricane Hints can be accessed at any time on the Tidelines website. Use the Hurricane Hints dropdown menu.