While hurricane season doesn’t officially begin until June 1, The National Weather Service wants us to begin preparing for hurricane season.
Here are some things you can do to be ready:
- Determine your personal risk
- Develop your evacuation plan including those for pets
- Review/update your insurance policies
- Assemble your disaster supplies
- Review how to strengthen and protect your home
- Talk with neighbors about their hurricane preparedness plans.
The National Weather Service and the South Carolina Emergency Management Division are teaming up for this hurricane safety campaign to benefit all South Carolina’s residents.
Head over to The National Weather Service’s Hurricane Preparedness Week webpage for more helpful information. Let’s all be ready.
(Image credit: Weather.gov)