According to National Weather Service (NWS) Charleston, there is high confidence that Storm Idalia will have some impact on the Charleston area. Although the situation is continually evolving and changing, we wanted to bring you the most up-to-date information on closings and cancellations that we have:
- The SIPOA Administration Office will close at noon on Wednesday, August 30.
- The Lake House will close at noon on Wednesday, August 30, however all fitness classes are cancelled for the day. Members with after-hours access will still be able to use the gym.
- All contractors must secure their job sites, and contractors must leave the island by noon on Wednesday.
- Full Moon Bonfire scheduled for Wednesday evening has been canceled.
- Earlier this afternoon, the Seabrook Island Club manager emailed members information about the Club’s contingency plans for Wednesday, August 30 through Friday, September 1 .
- Barrier Islands Free Medical Clinic will be closed Wednesday, August 30 – Friday, September 1. They will reopen Tuesday, September 5.
For information about preparing for hurricanes, click here, then click on Hurricane Hints in the upper right hand corner.
(Image credit: IStockphoto.com)