Do you know… the speed limit changes at two different places on the island?
There is a collective effort to maintain the natural beauty of Seabrook Island. Unfortunately, that means we have some roadways with heavy vegetation and shade and others with bright sunlight. This, coupled with the many walkers, runners, and cyclers, leads to some issues when driving on our roads.
- The speed limit is 25 mph except near the gate and in the area of the Island House, where it is 15 mph. The 15-mph limit is in proximity to the Island House and stretches from the Beach Club Villas to the Atrium Villas.
- You may not pass a moving vehicle unless invited to do so by the driver of the slower-moving vehicle.
- Passing on the grass adjacent to the roads is not allowed.
- You must come to a full stop at stop signs.
- Every driver signaled to stop for a security officer or public service provider on Seabrook Island must produce, upon request, a valid driver’s license and registration.
These are taken from SIPOA Rules and Regulations, Section III. D. 1. a – g.