Raymond Hamilton Candidate for Seabrook Island Town Council
My name is Raymond Hamilton, I live on Seabrook Island Road, and I am running for a position on the Seabrook Island Town Council.
I grew up in Rock Hill, SC and attended college at the University of South Carolina, where I graduated in 1990 with a BS in Accounting. More importantly, I met my wife and Charleston native, Stephanie, while at USC. We were married a few months after graduation and moved to Atlanta where we raised our family. After spending 28 years in Atlanta, we decided it was time to return home to South Carolina. We fell in love with Seabrook Island, purchased our property in 2017, and built our home. What attracted us the most to the Island was the natural beauty of the marshes and beach. What makes us never want to leave are the many friendships we have formed.
I have 34 years of accounting experience, 25 of which I served as Chief Financial Officer. My career has provided me with the skills and experience that would be beneficial to the Town Council which include:
- Managing departments including Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Legal
- Securing and restructuring debt
- Negotiating and reviewing contracts and leases
- Selecting and managing all types of insurance including Health, Property and Casualty and Automotive
- Serving on the Board for multiple international companies
- Overseeing all company legal actions, including Product Liability, Personal Injury, and Employee Claims
- Preparing strategic reports for long-term company planning
Interests outside of work
I spend much of my time volunteering for many organizations including the Seabrook Island Club Finance Committee, the City of Summerville’s Disaster Relief Team, Charleston Area Therapeutic Riding (CATR), My Sisters House (a local organization supporting survivors of domestic violence), Sea Island Hunger Awareness Foundation, Holy Spirit Catholic Church, South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, and local hospice and assisted living communities. You will also find me spoiling my 6-month-old beautiful Granddaughter, kayaking, running, and enjoying the beach.
My top priorities
- Better Communication – The Town Council works for the people with an obligation to listen to all members of the community. Meetings will be open for anyone to speak, and I will vote according to the information and facts that are provided to me by constituents.
- Safety as a Priority – I will strive to improve safety through better and more timely communications during emergency events and continued coordination with Charleston County on safety initiatives that benefit all residents.
- Financial Analysis and Justification – The ever-increasing expenses need to be reviewed and justified on a line-item basis, which I am uniquely qualified to do. I will ensure that our money is being utilized to best benefit our community.
- Other topics – Please visit this website for more information.
Thank you for your consideration and I humbly ask for your vote on November 7. Please contact me with any questions and let me know your thoughts on how to make our community even stronger. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Your voice matters!
-Submitted by Raymond Hamilton