Seabrook Island Town Council will hold its regularly scheduled meeting today Tuesday, December 15, 2020, at 2:30 pm. The meeting will be preceded by a public hearing at 2:00 pm.
- View Public Hearing Agenda – December 15, 2020 (2:25 pm)
- View Regular Meeting Agenda – December 15, 2020 (2:30 pm)
To view supplemental information for specific agenda items, please click the links below:
- Financials for the Month of November 2020
- Ordinance 2020-14 (Second Reading): An ordinance amending the Development Standards Ordinance for the Town of Seabrook Island, South Carolina; Article 2, Definitions and Interpretation of Terms; Section 2.10, Definitions; so as to add definitions for “Dwelling, Accessory,” “Short-Term Rental Unit,” “Vacation Club Unit,” “Vacation Time sharing Lease Plan,” “Vacation Time Sharing Ownership Plan,” and “Vacation time sharing plan;” to delete definitions for “Dwelling, Rental” and “Guesthouse;” and to modify the definition for “Family;” Article 5, Zoning District Specifications; Section 5.20, Agricultural-General (AG); Subsection 5.20.30, Conditional Uses; so as to amend the requirements for Accessory Dwelling Units and to establish Short-Term Rental Units and Vacation Club Units as allowed conditional uses in the AG zoning district; Section 5.30, Single-Family Residential District (SR); Subsection 5.30.30, Conditional Uses; so as to amend the requirements for Accessory Dwelling Units and to establish Short-Term Rental Units and Vacation Club Units as allowed conditional uses in the SR zoning district; and Section 5.40, Planned Development District (PDD); Subsection 5.40.50, PDD Conditional Uses; so as to establish Accessory Dwelling Units, Short-Term Rental Units and Vacation Club Units as allowed conditional uses within PDD zoning districts; and Article 8, General Development Requirements; Section 8.70, Restricted Uses; Subsection 8.70.30, Time Sharing; so as to amend the prohibition on Vacation Time Sharing Plans; and Article 21, Fees; Section 21.20, Fee Schedule; so as to adopt fee amounts for short-term rental permits — Click here to view proposed amendments: Ordinance 2020-14 (Amendment #3)
- Ordinance 2020-17 (Second Reading): An ordinance amending the Zoning Map of the Town of Seabrook Island so as to change the zoning designation for Charleston County Tax Map Number 149-06-00-010, containing approximately 0.25 +/- acres located at 2726 Old Forest Drive, from the SR Single-Family Residential District to the AGC Agricultural-Conservation District
- Ordinance 2020-18 (Second Reading): An ordinance amending the Development Standards Ordinance for the Town of Seabrook Island, South Carolina; Article 2, Definitions and Interpretation of Terms; Section 2.10, Definitions; so as to add definitions for “base flood elevation (BFE),” “Design Flood Elevation (DFE),” and “Freeboard,” and to amend the definitions for “Building Height” and “Flood Hazard District”; and Article 7, Lot and Building Requirements; Section 7.90, Height Limitations; so as to amend the maximum height requirement for structures within the town
- Ordinance 2020-19 (Second Reading): An ordinance to adopt a budget for the Town of Seabrook Island, South Carolina, for the Fiscal Year beginning January 1, 2021, and ending December 31, 2021
- Emergency Ordinance 2020-07: An Emergency Ordinance to modify and extend the requirement relating to the wearing of face coverings at all business establishments within the town; to modify the requirements for certain businesses; to extend requirements related to social distancing and group congregations; to extend emergency provisions related to town meetings; to extend the prohibition on temporary use permits; to extend the expiration date for active building permits; and other matters related thereto
- Town Hall Parking Lot Maintenance: Request to approve a contract with Superior Blacktop Services in the amount of $12,170.55 for asphalt repairs, crack fill, seal coating, and installation of pavement markings
- 2021 Meeting Calendar & Holiday Schedule
Participate in the Virtual Public Meeting
Individuals who wish to participate in the Virtual Public Meeting via Zoom may access the meeting as follows:
- Instructions for Joining & Participating in the Virtual Public Meeting
- To join by computer, tablet, or mobile device: Click Here
- To join by phone: Call (646) 558-8656 *Please note that long-distance rates may apply*
- Meeting ID: 898 4644 8379 Passcode: 151772
Submit a Question or Comment
Individuals who wish to submit a written question or comment in advance of the meeting may do so in writing by 12:00 pm on Tues. December 15, 2020, using one of the following options:
Mail or Hand Deliver: 2001 Seabrook Island Road, Seabrook Island, SC 29455
Watch Live Stream Video
The meeting will be live-streamed on the town’s YouTube channel beginning at 1:00 pm. Click here for Live Stream.
For more information, please call (843) 768-9121 or email email@example.com.
For more information, please call (843) 768-9121.
-Submitted by Joseph M. Cronin, Town Administrator, Town of Seabrook Island