Fitness and Recreation
The Outdoor Pool hours:
– Monday through Friday from 9:15 am to sunset
– Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 am to sunset.
The Indoor Pool schedule, as well as rules for both Indoor and Outdoor Pools, can be viewed by clicking here.
Water classes are moving inside. Splashers and Water Aerobics will return to the Indoor (Fitness) Pool Monday-Friday from 8:00 am – 9:00 am beginning Monday, September 26. Please note: During classes, Lane 5 will remain open for lap swimming only.
The monthly schedule for fitness and recreation classes is available. Click here to view the September fitness calendar. This does not include the semi-private classes.
Sign up now for the following Semi-Private classes. Please note, Semi-Private classes are limited to a maximum of 10 participants. Pre-registration is required. There are no drop-ins or refunds. Semi-private classes are not included in the monthly class pass, and the entire class will be charged to your Property Owner/Club account at the time of registration. Semi-private classes are available to Seabrook Island Property Owners, Seabrook Island Club members, and guests staying on Seabrook Island.
RideSBI Semi-Private Series – This series is open to participants of all fitness levels. You control your RPM and Resistance, so you tailor the class to your fitness level. Modifications for specific movements are provided in class. Space is limited, so sign up now to reserve your spot. Please bring a towel and water.
-Saturdays, October 1 – 29, 8:30 am. $50 for the series
-This series is taught by Sarah Yuncker.
Kripalu Yoga Semi-Private Series – Linking Breathing with Movement. This class will include learning various breathing techniques and postures, both standing and on the mat, and end with relaxation. This class is perfect for beginners but is also an opportunity for any level to take a step back and rediscover the foundation of their practice.
-Thursdays, October 6 – 27 at 3:30 pm, $60 for the series
-This series is taught by Emmy Marquardt.
Yoga Nidra Workshop
Yoga Nidra is a state of mind between wakefulness and dream. This is a guided meditation for deep relaxation.
The practice will begin with some gentle yogic stretching to release tension in the body followed by Yoga Nidra. No prior yoga experience is necessary.
During Yoga Nidra you will be laying on a mat for approximately 45 minutes. The body naturally cools down during this time, so you are encouraged to bring at least one blanket and any other items that will allow you to comfortably lay still during this time. Extra blankets, pillows, eye covers, socks, etc. Mats are available at The Lake House or bring your own.
– Thursday, October 27 at 6:00 pm. $20 for the workshop
Fit Camp – Evening Edition Semi-Private Series – Have you wanted to do a fitness class during the day, but have been unable to? This is the class for you! Fit Camp is a total body workout that features HIIT, strength, balance, and core training.
– Tuesdays and Thursdays, October 4 – October 27 at 5:30 pm. $80 for the series (monthly commitment.)
– This series is taught by Mark Durinsky
Activities and Events
Dogtober Pool Party
Date: Wednesday, October 19, 2022
Time: 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Place: The Lake House Outdoor Pool
We are asking all attendees to bring a donation of dog food to benefit Hallie Hill Animal Sanctuary.
As the weather cools down, it’s your dogs’ turn to enjoy an afternoon at The Lake House Outdoor Pool.
- Swimming is for dogs only. Humans should not enter the pool past knee depth.
- All dogs must be current on the following vaccinations: rabies, distemper, parvo, and Bordetella.
- Prior to entering the pool area, please walk your dog to help him/her relieve themselves and be sure to pick up any waste. We would like to avoid accidents in the pool.
- All dogs must be on the leash outside of the pool gates. Please be aware the Palmetto Lake (behind the Lake House) is home to alligators.
- Your dog may be released from the leash upon entering pool gates.
- Your dog must remain under your control at all times.
- Please be aware of where your dog is at all times.
- All dogs should be socialized with other dogs and humans. Aggressive behavior is not permitted and will result in expulsion from the event.
- Be sure your dog has been exposed to swimming prior to the event.
- Female dogs in season are not allowed.
- Outside food and drink (dog and human) is not allowed in the pool.
- Fresh water will be available for dogs throughout the event.
Waivers will be signed before entry is permitted to the event.
Halloween Pet Parade and Costume Contest
Date: Wednesday, October 26
Time: 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Join us on Wednesday, October 26 at The Lake House for the
Yappy Hour Halloween Pet Parade and Costume Contest!
Dress your pet in their best costume and bring ‘em to The Lake
House for some Halloween fun! Award given to Best Pet Cos-
tume. Wine provided. Please note, all pets must be on leashes.
No need to pre-register, just come, dress up and
have a doggone good time!
For more information about the classes above, go to sipoa.org and click on The Lake House. You can also email your questions to The Lake House staff at Wellness@sipoa.org.
-Submitted by Jamie Mogus Mixson, The Lake House Manager