The Town of Seabrook Island Accommodations Tax Advisory Committee is currently accepting applications for FY 2023 State Accommodations Tax (ATAX) funding. Interested applicants must submit a completed application to the Assistant Town Administrator by 12:00 noon on Monday August 7, 2023. The ATAX Advisory Committee will consider funding requests during its upcoming meeting on August 29, 2023 at 11:00 am, at which time the committee will vote on funding recommendations to Town Council. State ATAX funds must be used to attract or provide for tourists, and cannot be used for any item that would normally be provided by a county or municipality. Eligible projects include:
- advertising and promotion of tourism so as to develop and increase tourist attendance through the generation of publicity;
- promotion of the arts and cultural events;
- construction, maintenance, and operation of facilities for civic and cultural activities including construction and maintenance of access and the nearby roads and utilities for the facilities;
- the criminal justice system, law enforcement, fire protection, solid waste collection, and health facilities when required to serve tourists and tourist facilities. (The amount of the expenditure is required to be based on the estimated percentage of cost directly attributed by tourists);
- public facilities such as restrooms, dressing rooms, parks and parking lots;
- tourist shuttle transportation;
- control and repair of waterfront erosion; and
- operating visitor information centers.
Click here for more information and to download the application.
– Submitted by Seabrook Island Town Hall