GOMC met on June 6th, 2016. Here are the highlights of that meeting:
- Lake House: We are working on replacing one major air handler compressor which failed. Installation of energy-saving LED bulbs is continuing. Completion is due this week.
- Marsh Gate bulkhead: Riprap installation is proceeding on schedule to protect 4 properties along Cap’n Sams Creek.
- Stormwater pipe relining: The work is also on schedule. We have slightly changed the scope of work to include a pipe under Gnarled Pine.
- Roads, signs and mailboxes: Asphalt patching, mailbox painting and street signs are all done for this year. The Community Center parking lot has been resealed.
- Improved beach access: GOMC has been working with the Safety and Security Committee to define and fund limited improvements for people with special needs along Boardwalks #1 and #9. A motion to fund the proposal will go to the Board on Monday 20th.
- Gatehouse: The Greenery has submitted a proposal for new landscaping for Spring 2017; we liked their ideas, with some minor changes. The bid package for the new building will go out this week.
-Submitted by Guy Gimson