January 1, 2017
To All Property Owners/Tidelines Readers
Happy New Year to Everyone!
The E-Blast published last Friday, December 30, 2016, inadvertently did not completely track the motion that was ultimately amended and adopted by the Board at the Special Meeting on December 29, 2016, regarding the submission of supporting and opposing statements to the proposed Amendments to the Bylaws and Covenants. What follows below is the text of the final motion as amended and adopted by the Board. If you wish to submit a supporting or opposing statement to any of the proposed amendments to the Bylaws or Covenants, including the amendments proposed by the Petitioners, then please follow the guidelines indicated below as to form, content and time of submission. We apologize for any confusion. (Click here to read the original text, with links to the proposed amendments.)
At the Special meeting of the SIPOA Board of Directors on Thursday, December 29th, the Board adopted the deadline and standards for statements in support of and against proposed amendments to the SIPOA By-laws and to the Restrictive Covenants for inclusion in the Annual Meeting package to be sent to all property owners in advance of the February 18, 2017 Annual Meeting.
One statement in support of each proposed amendment and one statement against each proposed amendment will be included in the Annual Meeting package. The deadline for submission is not later than 4 pm Eastern Standard Time on Wednesday, January 4, 2017. An electronic version of such statement must be submitted in pdf format and attached to an email sent to email@example.com before 4 PM Eastern Standard Time on January 4, 2017, and a printed version of such statement is to be delivered by the time indicated above, and receipt acknowledged as to date and time by the SIPOA employee at the Reception Desk at the SIPOA Administration Office. The format for both electronic and printed documents is as follows:
• Word (.docx) and PDF versions
Electronic and Printed Format:
• Type: Helvetica
• Font: 12
• Margins: Normal, 1”: top, bottom, left, right
• Cover Page Content: Title, Text of the proposed Bylaw of Covenant Amendment
• Type: Helvetica
• Font: 12
• Margins: Normal, 1”: top bottom, left, right
• Length: entire statement must fit on one side of one printed page only.
• Statement Page Content:
o Title of the proposed Bylaw or Covenant Amendment and Identification of the person or entity submitting the statement
o Statement page must respond to each of the following four (4) questions
1. What is the benefit to the SIPOA Community and all of its members that the proposed Bylaw or Covenant Amendment is intended to achieve?
2. What is the intended and likely impact of the proposed Bylaw or Covenant Amendment on current process(es), SIPOA personnel, actions, and financial costs if the amendment were adopted?
3. What are the intended and likely changes to process(es), SIPOA personnel, actions, and financial costs to SIPOA if the proposed Bylaw or Covenant Amendment is adopted?
4. What are potential risks to SIPOA’s not for profit status (IRS Code Section 501(c)(4)), and to the Covenant and Bylaw requirement that “…the purpose and business of SIPOA [is to]…preserve the Property values and the quality of life in the [Seabrook Island Development] if the proposed Bylaw or Covenant Amendment is adopted”?
Should you wish to do so, please submit your statement in support of or in opposition to any or all of the proposed amendments following the format, requirements and submission deadline outlined above. If multiple statements are submitted, Heather Paton, SIPOA’s Executive Director, will select the representative statement to be included in the Annual Meeting package.
Ed Houff, SIPOA Director