The following is an abridged summary of the minutes from the January 4th, 2017 Safety & Security meeting.
Committee discussion topics:
• Trash Dumping: A Board decision was postponed on allowing a proposed $100 fine increment, which will be discussed at Monday’s Board meeting.
• Thursday the recycling dumpster was overflowing due to the Christmas holidays. No fines were issued
• Friday will be brown and white pick up for the heavy trash.
• Dennis confirmed that completion of signage and painting are in the budget for completion in 2017.
• Phil suggested that we consider installing graveled walkways beside traffic islands to provide pedestrians with a safe place to walk and this will be referred to the GOMC for further discussion.
SIPOA Security (G4S) Report for January, 2017
• Citations: There were 55 traffic citations issued, which included the following:
41 speeding violations
5 stop sign violations
1 failure to stop
4 no pass displayed violations
1 no drivers license violation
2 no registration
1 commercial access violation
• Commercial access fees: The SIPOA received $48,000 in commercial access fees in December, 2016; $450,234 YTD.
A complete copy of the minutes is available in the archives section of the SIPOA website at http://www.associationvoice.com/ResourceCenter/15432/Library
-Submitted by Bill Bryant