GOMC met on February 6. Firstly, I’d like to express my thanks to those dedicated volunteers who have worked hard on the Committee over the past year (Larry Buchman, Gene Danielson, Mark Doane, Tim Morawski, Clint Najarian, Ken Otstot, Alex Schwaner and Max Willis, ably assisted by the Vice Chair, Julie McCulloch, and Director of Engineering, Steve Hirsch). Here are the highlights of that meeting:
- Street signs: the Board approved a contract with Sign Source to install 205 replacement signs around Seabrook Island. 145 of these are STOP signs and 33 are “25 mph” signs. This is the 2nd phase of the Streetscape project started in 2016.
- Boardwalks: BW #1 is scheduled for Fall 2017. Dune retaining walls will be added where the Boardwalk passes through the dunes. BW #3 replacement (it was badly damaged by Hurricane Matthew) will start this month. 5’ sections of composites will be included to evaluate durability in this environment.
- Gatehouse: The Committee toured the (incomplete) building. The architect and contractor confirmed completion in April.
- Lake House: The Live Oak Hall floor has been replaced. Duct cleaning is now underway. The sign alongside the road was installed last week. Sail shades around the outdoor pool have been reinstalled.
- Community Center Pool: the liner has been replaced and is curing. Pool furniture will be thoroughly cleaned.
-Submitted by Guy Gimson, GOMC Chair