We have received a report from a Seabrooker on the condition of the route from the airport to Seabrook Island as of 5:30 pm on Friday, January 5, just as temperatures were approaching freezing,
- I-526 was clear; Savannah Highway from I-526 to Main Road was mostly clear on the southbound side but had significant slush on the northbound side.
- Upper Main Road was in good shape. However, the section from Mary Ann Point to Maybank Highway had thick ice and very wet surfaces.
- From Maybank all the way to Betsy Kerrison, the road had many patches of thick ice, alternating with very wet surfaces.
- Betsy Kerrison was pretty clear, but there were a number of places where wet spots alternated with icy sections.
- Seabrook Island Road from the traffic circle to Gate was mostly clear, but it was sometimes necessary to stay within tracks made by other vehicles.
A piece of good news, at 5:00 pm, a Charleston County plow and other vehicles were working on the northbound side of Bohicket Road!