The Fall Tours –
Homes, History & Architecture
October 3 through November 2
147 King Street, Charleston SC
Click here to visit their website or call 843-722-4630 for information and tickets.
Experience Charleston’s stunning private houses, intimate gardens, churches, and public buildings.
Traditional Private Home and Garden Tours: Traditional self-guided tours will take guests inside some of the city’s most unique and exquisite private houses and gardens. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 2:00 – 5:00 pm.
Curated Garden Tours: Led by professional designers or horticulturists, guests will visit gardens rarely open to the public. Space is limited and reservations are a must. Offered October 3, 10, 17 and 24 at 2:00 pm. Tours will begin on location and specific meeting instructions will be sent closer to tour day via phone or email.
Haunts And Haints: Spirits Among Us
Known as the Holy City for its many houses of worship, Charleston is also known for its many spirits. In addition to learning about our architecture and history, come experience an additional side of our culture and hear about several notable spirits living among us. October 27, 2019 from 2:00 – 5:00 pm.
The Gardens of Historic Charleston: This tour will feature a variety of distinctive and historic private gardens. These enchanting gardens will positively delight your senses. No interiors are included. October 20, 2019 from 2:00 – 5:00 pm.
Photography Walkabout and Workshop: Explore the heart of Charleston to photograph some of the city’s oldest and most picturesque streets and alleys. Photographers and cameras of all levels are welcome. Offered each Friday, 9 am -noon.
Morning History Walks and Talks:
Learn about Charleston’s rich and varied history through our certified City of Charleston Guides. Hear the facts about the architecture and the craftsmanship while learning about the fascinating people and the stories that created history. Each tour is limited to 20 guests. Tours begin and end at 147 King Street, 10:00 am 12:15 pm. No private properties are included on the tour. Learn about:
- Enduring Traditions-Explore the ironwork of Charleston
- The Invention of Wings-Learn the story of the Grimke Sisters, early abolitionists in Charleston
- Amazing Buildings of Charleston (ABCs)-Discover the basics of Charleston’s architecture
- Garden Walk and Talk-A horticultural journey through the Lowcountry
- Lady Lore-Meet the courageous and innovative women who helped shape Charleston’s rich history
- The Mystique of Charleston: A History Walk-Walk by some of the most notable houses, churches, and sites while hearing of Charleston’s rich and diverse history
- Graveyard Walks, Talks, and Tales-Visit mysterious graveyards and enjoy the historic tombstones and the intriguing tales of the people buried there.
(Image credit: CVB website)