Do you know which entity is responsible for what? Here’s a quick list to help you sort it out. Hope this helps!
Fire/Rescue/Sheriff – Call 911 for all emergencies.
Power – Berkeley Electric Cooperative, Inc. (843-559-2458) Power and street light outages (888-253-4232). If reporting that a street light is out, Berkeley will need the number on the light pole.
Charleston County (charlestoncounty.org or 843-958-4000)
- Assessor and Revenue Services
- Building Code Inspections (including Flood Remediation inspections/advice)
- Mosquito Control
- Voter Registration
Town of Seabrook Island (townofseabrookisland.org or 843-768-9121)
- Accommodations tax and tourism promotion
- Beach management and beach rules (below the high water mark)
- Beach patrol
- Business licenses
- Coordination of public safety services with Charleston County Sheriff’s Office, St. Johns Fire Department and Charleston County EMS
- Code enforcement
- Emergency planning and disaster response
- Landscaping and maintenance of Seabrook Island Road (between the security gate and the traffic circle)
- Municipal Court
- Municipal records and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests;
- Parade and special event permits
- Utilities (Water & Sewer – Owned by the town but operated by the Seabrook Island Utility Commission 843-768-0102)
- Zoning Permits
Seabrook Island Property Owners Association (SIPOA) (discoverseabrook.com or 843-768-0061)
- Architectural Review Committee: Review of plans for new construction and remodeling, and routine inspection of properties
- Communications: SIPOA Pages in The Seabrooker, Weekly Highlights E-blast, SIPOA Website, and Tidelines community blog
- Garbage/Yard Debris /Recycling
- Infrastructure and Maintenance
- Landscaping and mowing of common areas and road rights-of-way
- Operation and maintenance of amenities: The Lake House, Oyster Catcher Community Center and Property Owners’ Pool, Gatehouse, Beaches above the high water mark, Beach Bonfire Permits, Boardwalks, Nature Trails, Lakes, Crab Dock/Kayak Launch, Bike Paths, and Garden Plots.
- Security: 24/7 Access Control and Patrols
Seabrook Island Club (discoverseabrook.com or 843-768-2500)
- Administration of operations, maintenance, repair, etc, related to: Golf, Tennis, Equestrian, Beach Club Pools, Restaurants, Seabrook Island Real Estate Company (SIRE)
- Communications & Marketing: Club/SIRE Website, SIC Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), Veranda monthly newsletter, and Weekly E-blast
- Boat and RV Storage
Regimes and Associations
Seabrook Island has dozens of individual condo, villa and neighborhood regimes and associations, each with their own Covenants and Bylaws that regulate items specific to their homeowners. Most maintain common area landscaping. Many are responsible for exterior maintenance of the buildings. All have their own assessments specific to their regimes to support these expenses. Many have independent Rules and Regulations for activities on their property, and some have private swimming pools. Contact your regime manager or regime Board members for more information.