Candidate for the SIPOA Board of Directors –
I moved to Seabrook from Scottsdale AZ in January 2016, a full time resident My home is located at 2991 Hidden Oak Drive, in the Hidden Oaks HOA.
Past Governance experience:
- President of the Fairway One HOA in January 2016
- Currently serving on the SIPOA Communications Committee and have also served on the subcommittee charged with improving transparency and effectiveness in our annual election process.
- Currently the Hidden Oaks representative to COVAR.
- Co-founded a Grief Support group here on Seabrook.
- Member of the Seabrook Island Village volunteer group, designed to assist our owners with successful “aging in place”.
- Served 6 years as president of the Dartmouth Place HOA (part the Quechee Lakes Landowners Association – QLLA) located in Vermont.
- Currently on the Golf and House committees of QLLA.
With over 50 years of hands on executive and management experience and my current and prior Association governance experience I believe I can be a valuable contributor by serving on the SIPOA Board. It is time for me to give back to our community and help continue our successful growth as we face the challenges of tomorrow.
After just under 4 years living here Seabrook has become a very special place for me. The strong sense of community and the clear commitment of so many have convinced me that I made the right decision to move here.
- I believe that the SIPOA Board should commit to small but more frequent discussion groups to encourage the involvement of a broader segment of our owners.
- I believe the SIPOA Board should commit to more interaction with COVAR by establishing a permanent Board representative for COVAR to encourage that very large owner segment to participate in and “buy into” SIPOA planning efforts. Having served as COVAR representative for two HOA’s I see this as a real opportunity for us.
In reading the Common Vision and Core Value Statement of SIPOA these words jumped out at me:
TRUTH AND INTEGRITY ARE THE CORNERSTONES OF OUR COMMUNITY
With service on two committees here I have seen those words in action. I hope to be able to participate in this ongoing process and make a real difference in our future.
-Submitted by the SIPOA Nominating Committee