Candidate for the SIPOA Board of Directors –
The work of maintaining Seabrook Island and moving it forward into the future is done, to a great extent, by a dedicated staff and a huge number of community volunteers. I am running for a position on the SIPOA Board in order to continue to contribute to the overall health of our island for the benefit of those who live and play here.
My wife, Cindy, and I moved to a High Hammock Condo in 2015 and subsequently purchased a home here on Seabrook.
During my time here on Seabrook I have –
- served a one year interim appointment to the SIPOA Board of Directors
- chaired the SIPOA Environmental and the Activities Committees
- coordinated the Palmetto Pride Adopt-A-Highway clean-up program on Betsy Kerrison Parkway for three years
- served on the board of the Seabrook Island Natural History Group for two years
- coordinated the SINHG Grant Proposal program for local schools
- monitored the waste and recycling programs for the Environmental Committee
- became a writer for the Seabrook Island blog, Tidelines
I find a great deal of personal satisfaction in staying active in our community because it brings me in contact with a wide range of people and ideas which make Seabrook Island unique. I hope to have another opportunity to continue to serve our community by being elected to a full three year term on the SIPOA Board.
-Submitted by the SIPOA Nominating Committee