**Correction: The link was inadvertently left out in this morning’s post. The link is now available below**
SIPOA needs your help!
The Seabrook Island Property Owners Association is very fortunate in that it is an effective, well managed, self-governed entity. Self-governance gives each property owner an opportunity to participate in guiding the Association forward. Self-governance allows property owners, as members of their elected Board of Directors, to represent all members of the community and create policies and strategic plans for the current and future needs of the Association. SIPOA’s continued success is dependent on committed property owners who are willing to dedicate their time. Without these dedicated, individual representatives, property owners would have far less impact on the strategic operation of the Island.
The SIPOA Nominating Committee is on the lookout for individuals who want to be part of the solution by serving on the Board of Directors or the Nominating Committee. In February 2021, we need to fill four Board positions each for three-year terms, one Board position for a two-year term, and two Nominating Committee positions for two-year terms.
We are seeking individuals for the Board of Directors who:
– have the ability to work well with others
– understand that all Board members are required to serve in the best interest of all property owners
– have the willingness and ability to commit the required time for Board and Committee duties
– have the ability to evaluate issues and work collaboratively to recommend solutions
– have skill sets, volunteer, board, or professional experience that benefit the community
For the Nominating Committee we need candidates who:
– have a broad social network and a willingness to put in the time needed to identify outstanding candidates
– have an understanding of the roles the Board of Directors and SIPOA committees play in Association governance
– have the ability to evaluate the suitability of candidates to best meet the qualifications for the Board of Directors and Nominating Committee
If interested, click here to find the application form(s) and other information regarding the candidate selection process.
SIPOA Nominating Committee:
Warren Kimball (Chair)