Seabrook Island Town Council will hold its next regularly scheduled meeting on Tuesday, September 22, 2020, at 2:30 pm. The meeting will be preceded by a Public Hearing on Ordinances 2020-07 at 2:25 pm.
- View Public Hearing Agenda – September 22, 2020 (2:25 pm)
- View Regular Meeting Agenda – September 22, 2020 (2:30 pm)
To view supplemental information for specific agenda items, please click the links below:
- Financials for the Month of August 2020
(Not available at time of publication – check Town website prior to meeting)
- Ordinance 2020-07 (Second Reading): An ordinance amending the Development Standards Ordinance of the Town of Seabrook Island, South Carolina; Article 12, Signs; so as to create new classifications of signs to be called “Community Message Board Signs” and “Electronic Variable Message Displays”; to permit Electronic Variable Message Displays to be affixed to Community Message Board signs under certain conditions; and other matters related thereto; and Article 16; Design and Improvement Standards; Section 16.10, Subdivision Design Standards; Subsection 16.10.40, Arterial Streets; so as to modify the designation of arterial streets within the town; and other matters related thereto
- Ordinance 2020-08 (First Reading): An ordinance amending the Town Code for the Town of Seabrook Island, South Carolina; Chapter 2, Administration; Article VI, Emergency Preparedness; Section 2-312, Emergency Operations Plan; so as to adopt a new comprehensive emergency plan for the Town of Seabrook Island
- Ordinance 2020-09 (First Reading): An ordinance amending the Town Code for the Town of Seabrook Island, South Carolina; Chapter 32, Waterways and Beaches; Article II, Beachfront Management; Division 2, Restrictions; Section 32-43, Wildlife and Marine Life Protection; so as to prohibit the harassment of marine mammals on the beaches of Seabrook Island and to restrict swimming in Captain Sams Inlet at times when dolphins are present or most likely to be present
Consistent with recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control related to “social distancing,” all Town Council meetings are currently being conducted virtually using the Zoom platform. Any individual who wishes to observe the meeting may do so using one of the following options:
- Watch Live: Live Stream Video (YouTube)
- Listen by Phone: (712) 770-5505; Access Code 659-714
Public Comment Portal
Individuals who wish to submit a question or comment on any town matter (including those not on the agenda) may do so in advance of the meeting using one of the options listed below. Written questions and comments will be accepted until 12:00 pm on the day of the meeting.
- Online: Click Here
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail or Drop Off at Town Hall: 2001 Seabrook Island Road, Seabrook Island, SC 29455
For more information, please call (843) 768-9121.
–Submitted by Joseph M. Cronin, Town Administrator