The Town of Seabrook Island hasn’t had a shredding event since last October. The event in July was canceled due to COVID-19, so now is the time to go through your files and gather together everything you need to be shredded. The Town has asked us to announce the following:
The Town of Seabrook Island will host a free public shredding event on Friday, October 23, 2020, from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
The event will take place rain or shine in the parking lot adjacent to Seabrook Island Town Hall, 2001 Seabrook Island Road.
Attendees will be limited to three boxes (copy paper box or smaller) or three bags (kitchen trash bag or smaller) per vehicle. There is no need to remove binders, binder clips, paper clips, staples, rubber bands, or CDs/DVDs prior to shredding.
Please note that the following COVID-19 measures will be in place:
- This will be a drive-through only event; please stay in your car at all times.
- Please place all items in your trunk or cargo area; personnel from Shred 360 will remove them for you.
- Shred 360 personnel will be wearing masks at all times.
- Please wear a mask if you exit your vehicle or have direct face-to-face contact with Shred 360 personnel.
- Shredding services will be provided by Shred360.
For more information, please call Town Hall at (843) 768-9121.
-Submitted by Joseph M. Cronin, Town Administrator