Saturday, November 7, 2020
Now in its 23rd year, the Symphony Tour of Homes is the longest running Island tour of homes in the Lowcountry. Each year the Charleston Symphony Orchestra League, Inc. showcases some of the most stunning and exclusive island homes on Kiawah. In 2020, there will also be a number of outdoor spaces highlighting the beauty and magic of the island.
The Tour of Homes is the backdrop for a Celebration commemorating Beethoven’s 250th Birthday. The Celebration on Freshfields Village Green will begin at 11:30 with musicians playing under an open tent throughout the afternoon. The CSOL Annual Car Sponsorship vehicle – a BMW X3 – will be debuted at the celebration. Beautiful artwork from Soicher Marin Fine Art and The LePrince Fine Art Gallery will be for sale. The celebration will culminate with a birthday fanfare played by the Symphony Brass beginning at 4:30 pm. The event ends at 5:30 pm. Beethoven’s Birthday Celebration is open to the public and admission is free. Beverages, including wine, and food will be available for purchase.
Symphony Tour of Island Homes Event Schedule:
- 9:30 am – 3:00 pm: Check-in and self-guided tour begins on the Green at Freshfields Village (in front of Java Java).
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm: Homes and Score Pop-Up Shop are open to tour guests, who tour at their leisure.
- 11:30 am – 5:30 pm: Beethoven’s Birthday Celebration with music and refreshments offered on Freshfields Village Green. Birthday fanfare at 4:30 pm.
- Advance tour tickets will be available online through November 6 for $55. Advance tickets will also be for sale at Indigo Books in Freshfields Village or the Kiawah Island Municipal Center on Betsy Kerrison Parkway.
- This year, the CSOL is offering a special Friend of the Symphony package including 2-tour tickets, 2-food & beverage tickets and special recognition in the tour brochure. Friend tickets are $150 for CSOL members and $200 for non-members.
- Day-of-event tickets at Freshfields Village check-in: $60
“Carolina Summers” by Susan Colwell
This painting will be awarded to a lucky winner at the birthday celebration at Freshfields following the tour.
Raffle tickets are $10 each, 3 for $25, and are available online during the celebration.
Proceeds from the Symphony Tour of Homes will be used to support the Charleston Symphony and to provide scholarships for student and professional musicians throughout the Lowcountry.
Notice: The safety of homeowners, tour guests, volunteers and musicians is a priority. Regarding safety regulations, the CSOL will work within the set framework of requirements recommended by the CDC and local health organizations and will be consistent with the Town of Kiawah Island and the Community Association. Compliance will be in place and enforced at all Tour and Celebration venues.
Social Distancing Enforced
Flat heeled shoes only
No handicap access in tour homes
Event Information: (952) 270-8324
Ticket Information: (516) 343-2564
-Submitted by Lyn Magee
(Image Credit: Charleston Symphony Orchestra League)