Reminding everyone to start the holiday season off right with your neighbors and friends at the inaugural Seabrook Island Holiday Parade. It will begin at 4:15 pm, Friday, November 27, 2020, on Seabrook Island Road in the area of The Village at Seabrook and will complete the loop around the island on Seabrook Island Road. Everyone is invited to come out and join the fun, either as a participant or as a spectator. If you will be a spectator, please make sure to keep your social distance.
We encourage you to decorate your vehicle and join the fun. If you are unable to do that, just show up on Seabrook Island Road to support the participants and be a part of the party.
If you would like to participate in the parade, please note the following:
- The parade course is approximately 6.7 miles and takes about one hour to complete.
- Every participant must be COVID-free and symptom-free.
- Vehicles only – people in vehicles should be from the same household.
- No bicycle, tricycle, scooter, or pedestrian participants.
- During the pre-parade setup and post-parade, participants must socially distance. Properly-worn face coverings are required for participants, organizers, and support staff.
- Do not share or toss items that have been touched by others (candy, etc.) either toward or from parade participants.
- Spectators should maintain social distancing while enjoying the parade – face coverings recommended.
- All parade participants must line up on Seabrook Island Road between The Lake House and the Equestrian Center by 3:45 pm.
- Any vehicle otherwise allowed on Seabrook Island roads and able to maintain a speed of 10 mph is permitted to participate in the parade.
- All parade participants HAVE FUN!
To register to have your vehicle in the parade, please fill out this form. The deadline for parade registration is Wednesday, November 25, at 12:00 noon. We will have bells to help ring in the holidays for those who register for the parade. Thank you for helping us celebrate!
Calling All Seabrook Island Photographers!
We are having a Holiday Parade Photo Contest and the winner will receive a $100 gift card. We would love to see photos of the inaugural Seabrook Island Holiday Parade.
To be eligible, please submit your 3 favorite photos of the holiday parade by filling out this form. Submissions are due by 5:00 pm on Monday, November 30, 2020. The winning photo will be chosen on Friday, December 4, and announced in the weekly Highlights.
All images that are published will include photography credit.
-Submitted by SIPOA
(Image credit: suffolkva.us)