A video of the May 25, 2021, Town Council Meeting can be accessed online through the Town of Seabrook Island’s website. To view the 1 hour 34 minute video click here and select the Video link under May 25, 2021.
If you have limited time and are just interested in a specific topic, select that item from the list below to watch that particular part of the meeting.
Financials: For the Month of April 2021
Reports of Standing Committees, Commissions, Boards:
- Public Relations/Communications – Pat Fox
- Public Safety & Special Projects – Barry Goldstein (Absent) No Report
- Beach Administration and Community & Government Relations – Jeri Finke
- Ways & Means Updates– John Gregg
Reports of Town Officers:
Mayor – John Gregg
- Protocols for July Fireworks Event
- Town’s Greenbelt Program allocation
- Public comments pertaining to announced opening of water sports business at Bohicket Marina
Town Administrator/Zoning Administrator – Joe Cronin
- Beach Patrol Update
- Short-Term Rental Permit Update
- PGA Championship Update
- Community Shredding Event Update
- Monthly Report – Annie Smith-Jones
Ordinances for Second Reading:
- Ordinance 2021-02: An ordinance amending the Zoning Map of the Town of Seabrook Island so as to change the zoning designation for Charleston County Tax Map Number 147-02-00-045, containing approximately 0.58 +/- acres located at 2344 Andell Way, from the SR Single-Family Residential District to the AGC Agricultural-Conservation District.
- Ordinance 2021-03: An ordinance amending the Zoning Map of the Town of Seabrook Island so as to change the zoning designation for Charleston County Tax Map Number 149-06-00-030, containing approximately 0.29 +/- acres located at 2905 Seabrook Island Road, from the SR Single-Family Residential District to the AGC Agricultural-Conservation District
- Ordinance 2021-04: An ordinance amending the Development Standards Ordinance for the Town of Seabrook Island, South Carolina; Article 21, Fees; Section 21.20, Fee Schedule; so as to amend the fee schedule for Short-Term Rental Permits
- Ordinance 2021-05: An ordinance amending the Development Standards Ordinance for the Town of Seabrook Island, South Carolina; Article 7, Lot and Building Requirements; Section 7.90, Height Limitations; so as to amend the maximum height requirement for structures within the town
Ordinances for First Reading:
- Ordinance 2021-06: Ordinance 2021-06: Approving the Financing of the Improvement, Extension and Enlargement of the Water and Sewer System of the Town of Seabrook Island, South Carolina, through the Borrowing by the Town of not Exceeding $3,500,000, Including Capitalized Interest, if any, from the State Water Pollution Control Revolving Loan Fund, by Agreement with the South Carolina Water Quality Revolving Fund Authority, Pursuant to Title 48, Chapter 5, Code of Laws of South Carolina, 1976, as Amended; Providing for an Agreement to Make and to Accept a Loan, the Execution and Delivery of a Loan Agreement between the Town and the South Carolina Water Quality Revolving Fund Authority, the Execution and Delivery of a Promissory Note from the Town to the South Carolina Water Quality Revolving Fund Authority; and other Matters Relating Thereto
- Discussion of Personnel Matter (Town Clerk/Treasurer)
- Please Note: Town Council may take action on Executive Session Items listed on the agenda when they come back into Public Session.
Return to Public Session:
-Submitted by the Town of Seabrook Island