A video of the October 12, 2021 Ways and Means Meeting can be accessed online through the Town of Seabrook Island’s website. To view the 2 hour and 6 minute video, click here and select the Video link under October 12, 2021.
If you have limited time and are just interested in a specific topic, select the item from the list below to watch that particular part of the meeting.
Mayor John Gregg
- Follow-up concerning petition directed to regulation of short-term rentals (petition and request for presentation to Council received October 4)
- Follow-up concerning the budget for FY 2022 – budget and Mayor’s memo have been distributed to members of Council; first scheduled budget workshop will be Thursday,October 14
- Follow-up on proposed Charleston County re-zoning (Betsy Kerrison Putt-Putt) hearing Tuesday, October 12 at 6:30 pm
Jeri Finke – No updates
- Updates: Roadway Work/Bobcats/Discussion of an ordinance to ban the use, display or release of balloons or flyable lanterns due to environmental issues
Town Administrator Joe Cronin
- Second Reading Items
- Ordinance 2021-11: An ordinance amending the Town Code for the Town of Seabrook Island, South Carolina; Chapter 32, Waterways and Beaches; Article II, Beachfront Management; Division 2, Restrictions; Section 32-42, Vehicle Use; so as to amend the requirements relating to the operation of motor vehicles on the beaches of Seabrook Island.
- Ordinance 2021-12: An ordinance adopting a temporary moratorium on the consideration of zoning map amendments (i.e., “rezoning’s”), annexation requests, and certain subdivision approvals for a period not to exceed one hundred and eighty (180) days.
- Ordinance 2021-13: An ordinance amending the Town Code for the Town of Seabrook Island, South Carolina; Chapter 2, Administration; Article V, Financial Administration; Division 2, Purchasing Requirements; so as to amend the policies and procedures related to the procurement of goods and services by the town.
- First Reading Items
- Ordinance 2021-14: An ordinance amending the Town Code for the Town of Seabrook Island, South Carolina; Chapter 2, Administration; Article III, Procedures, Committees and Ordinances; Section 2-111, Standing Committees; so as to amend the town’s advisory committees; and Article IV, Officers and Departments; so as to establish provisions related to the position of Town Administrator
- Other Items
- Resolution 2021-24: A resolution directing the expenditure of un-budgeted revenues from the Charleston County Accommodations Tax Program
- Items for Information/Discussion
-Submitted by the Town of Seabrook Island