The separate annual elections for Seabrook Island Club (SIC) and Seabrook Island Property Owners Association (SIPOA) are approaching. We encourage you to vote for both SIC and SIPOA. Please remember the following:
- The information below is for SIPOA. SIC will be sending out an email with candidate information as well as voting for their board. SIC elections are limited to club members only.
- The email you will receive from SIPOA will be coming from Association Voting. The sender on these emails is firstname.lastname@example.org, not SIPOA. It is one vote per property for SIPOA and the primary email on file will receive the ballot.
My name is David Cruse. My wife, Lynn, and I have been married for 47 years. We have 3 children and 7 grandchildren. My career was spent in retail, with 13 years with Kroger/Super-X Drug Stores and 32 years with Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. In 2013, we purchased a Summerwind Cottage while living in Charlotte, NC. In 2016, we decided to retire and move full-time to Seabrook Island where we purchased a single-family home on Andell Way.
Since moving full-time to Seabrook Island I joined the Kiawah/Seabrook Island Exchange Club in 2017. As a member of the Exchange Club, I have:
- Been appointed to the Health Committee for 3 years where I served as Chairman.
- Currently, work on the Speaker’s Committee for 4 years.
- Team captain for flag installation at the roundabout.
In addition to the Exchange Club, I was appointed to the ARC Committee in 2019 where I currently serve.
While living in the Lake Norman area of North Carolina, I was President of our Homeowner’s Association for 2 years. In my last position as a District Manager/Market Manager with Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., I spent 30 plus years in the Northeast, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. I have a strong belief in servant leadership in my personal, business, and community life.
I have always had a strong desire to participate, help, and contribute to where I live. I am very supportive of our residents and always strive to improve and maintain the quality of life wherever I live and play. I will bring all those skills to the Board.
To read all candidate biographies posted, click here. Underneath the Tidelines banner, on the right-hand side, you will see “SIPOA Election 2022.” Click on the dropdown box to read candidates’ biographies.
-Submitted by the SIPOA Nominating Committee