It’s time again for National Farmers Market Week, August 7-13, 2022. Farmers markets are thriving in all 50 states! Supporting our farmers helps to preserve America’s rural livelihoods and farmland, reduces the length of supply chain and stimulates local economies.
We are lucky here in the Lowcountry as we have numerous opportunities to support our local farmers and food makers. Below is a list of nearby farmers markets, one for every day of the week plus two on Saturdays.
- Sunday-Sunday Brunch Farmers Market, 11:00 am-3:00 pm, year-round, 1977 Maybank Highway behind the Pour House, James Island
- Monday-Farmers Market at Freshfield Village from 3:00-7:00 pm through August
- Tuesday-Mount Pleasant Farmers Market, 3:30-7:00 pm, April-September, 645 Coleman Blvd., Mt Pleasant
- Wednesday-West Ashley Farmers Market 3:00-7:00 pm, April-November, 55 Sycamore Ave., Charleston
- Thursday-North Charleston Farmers Market, 3:00-7:00 pm, May-October, 5025 Lackawanna Blvd., North Charleston
- Friday-The Town Market on James Island, 6:00-9:00 pm, first Friday of each month May-October, 1122 Dills Bluff Road, James Island
- Saturday-Charleston Farmers Market, 8:00 am-2:00 pm, April-November, 329 Meeting Street, Charleston; Sea Island Farmers Market 9:30 am-1:00 pm for August; 9:30 am-1:30 pm year-round, 2024 Academy Road, Johns Island
Head out to a farmers market today to promote sustainability, support healthy communities, and enjoy access to fresh, nutritious food.
(Photo credit: Pexels.com)