Beginning on September 12, 2022, SIPOA will be implementing some small changes to the trash, recycling and yard debris collection procedures. These changes are intended to make our collection process more effective and efficient by utilizing GIS and camera technology on the collections trucks and consolidating communication efforts. The changes are outlined below:
- All trash, recycling and yard debris pickup comments and questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email will be monitored closely on collection days, and responses will be provided to all inquires received by 4:00 pm on the collection day. Email is preferred over phone calls. Examples of what should be emailed include the following:
- New trash and recycle cart requests
- Missed trash, recycling and yard debris notifications
- All other questions relating to trash, recycling or yard debris collection
- Yard debris will be collected on Tuesdays rather than Mondays. Trash and recycling will remain on the normal collection schedule.
- Regime properties that currently receive back-door trash service will also receive back-door recycling service beginning on September 12. The recycle cart should be sorted with the trash cart, and owners will no longer need to place recyclables at the curb.
Click here for the 2022 SIPOA Garbage, Recycling, Yard Debris Pickup Schedule.
(Image credit: SIPOA Highlights)