The Kiawah Arts & Cultural Events Council has a wonderful lineup of events for February 2023. The February lineup include
- Tom Rush with Special Guest Matt Nakoa performs on Wednesday, February 8, 2023, at 7:30 pm at the West Beach Conference Center. Tickets are now on sale. Tom Rush’s distinctive guitar style, wry humor, and warm, expressive voice have made him both a legend and a lure to audiences worldwide. His shows are filled with the rib-aching laughter of terrific storytelling, the sweet melancholy of ballads, and the passion of gritty blues. Click here for more details and to purchase tickets.
- Art Film Series – Frida on Friday, February 10, 2023, from 3:00-5:00 pm at The Sandcastle. No tickets are required and there is no charge. This is the true story of Frida Kahlo and her husband Diego Rivera, the larger-than-life painters who became the most acclaimed artists in Mexican history.
- Piano Bar – Misha Pekar performs on Wednesday, February 15, 2023, from 5:00-7:00 pm at The Sandcastle. No tickets are required and there is no charge. Not meant to be concerts, Piano Bars are to enjoy with friends and offer an opportunity to meet neighbors outside your circle for some island socializing. Bring your beverage of choice and a snack to “tide” you over.
- Quentin E. Baxter Presents…Geoff Keezer Trio performs on Sunday, February 19, 2023, at 4:00 pm at Turtle Point Clubhouse. Tickets are now on sale by clicking here. Quentin Baxter’s second concert in his three-part jazz series will feature pianist Geoffrey Keezer. Accompanying the concert will be bassist Rodney Jordan and drummer Quentin E. Baxter.
- California Guitar Trio performs on Friday, February 24, 2023, at 7:30 pm at Turtle Point Clubhouse. Ticket sales start February 10 for Kiawah and February 13 for the public at 9:00 am. Celebrating their 30th Anniversary, California Guitar Trio is labeled as “winning, energetic and highly accessible…” by The Los Angeles Times.
The Town of Kiawah Arts and Cultural Events Council works to enhance community appreciation and involvement in the performing arts within the Town of Kiawah Island and its environs by providing a diversity of planned programs.
For more information about the performances above, click here.